How Can We Get The Government To Stop Accidents From Containers In Lagos?


So many times we hear of accidents on roads and we talk about it in hushed tones but the reality doesn't hit us until such happens before our very eyes and that is exactly what happened to me this afternoon on my way to pick my children from school.

There I was just jejely angry that there was so much traffic and I was going to be late getting to their school, on eventually getting close to the usual route I take which is in front of Gt Bank Anthony enroute Oshodi Oke, I saw Lastma officials diverting traffic and I was wondering what was going on.

I even thought maybe the road was being fixed because there were some potholes on that particular side of the road, when I eventually moved forward, I almost fainted when I saw a container had fallen from its bed right onto a smaller vehicle.

Immediately, the blogger in me clicked in and I took pictures but few seconds later, it dawned on me that it could have been my car beside that container because that is the same road I would have passed just a few hours prior to that accident. Besides, most of us drive pass these containers and just pray that we are able to zoom right past them or just chill behind, but sometimes you really don't have a choice and you are stuck beside them especially when there is serious traffic.



How many times have you found yourself in this situation driving beside one of such containers, or passing beneath a bridge and containers drive past overhead and you just pray that you make it through in one piece after all we have heard of several cases when such has happened with the most recent one being around Ojuelegba area.

From the spiritual angle, many times we worry so much about many other things sometimes even thinking God has forgotten you or is not even concerned about your matter. Meanwhile there are so many things God keeps us from that we don't even thank Him for oftentime because we are not even aware that He is constantly watching over us or we just take some things for granted.

The fact that you go out everyday either with public or private means of transportation and you make it back home alive and well is something to thank God for all the time.



On the side of the government, I think its about time that something serious is done to check the rising rate of container accidents. The driver in the car today escaped unhurt although his car is another story but so many people have died from this kind of accidents. The Lagos state government should please look into this matter because even if the containers are harnessed it is still not safe when they are around smaller vehicles as a pothole could cause them to tilt over and how many people can actually lift a container?

Let us all start to make noise about this container matter on social media until the relevant authorities take note and something positive is done because God forbid, it just might be someone you know that might be affected tomorrow.

0 Comment "How Can We Get The Government To Stop Accidents From Containers In Lagos?"

Post a Comment

Thank You For Reading....Your Comments Are Always Welcome!

Thank you for your comments