Friendship Now Or Forever?




You have three types of friends in life: Friends for a reason, friends for a season, and friends for a lifetime.

I came across this quote above and it set me in a deep reflective mode. This is because by virtue of some negative things I have gone through in life(which actually made me a stronger person),I had a lot of anger and bitterness inside me against some of my 'friends'

But this statement made me realize that I had been harboring all this anger for the wrong reasons and at the wrong people.

From the onset as far back as my secondary school and university days,I have always had many friends. We were always hanging out and having something to gist about and having fun generally. Fast forward to post university days when I started working as a banker, then I had a new set of friends in addition to some of those I had before.


By this time,I had lost contact with some of the friends I had before either due to distance, relocation, marriage, and 'level change' Yes, level change in terms of people thinking they are better than you either because they are richer,travel the world or just feel like you are beneath them.

Unfortunately, when I hit some rough bumps on the road,a lot of those I thought were my close pals actually proved to be not so close. It now became a double whammy for me,going through the pain of life’s stumbling blocks and then not having any support system in place.

The worse part was seeing these my 'friends' act like I never even existed which isn't so easy to do with social media like facebook,twitter and Blackberry messenger where you get to see some of what is going on with them(meaning they didn't disappear off the earth).

However,picking myself up again and starting from scratch,God used some 'friends' from way back(my secondary school days to be exact). Through them,my humble re-birth started...very painful and sometimes I felt humilated but in all I learnt how to lean on the ALL TIME,FAITHFUL and CONSTANT FRIEND that is...JESUS!!

Was I dissapointed and hurt? Heck yeah!!But now at this stage of my life,I have come to realise that we are all human beings with the first instinct to be selfish(this includes even myself).We also put too much pressure in our expectations of other people forgetting that everyone has their own trying moments even if they don't tell you.


Which is where this statement makes all the sense in the world...some friends are in our lives for a reason(sometimes good/bad), some friends are in our lives for a season(might be a short period so don't feel bad when they leave) and some friends are there for a lifetime(these are the friends who are there through every trying and flying stage of your life)


0 Comment "Friendship Now Or Forever?"

Post a Comment

Thank You For Reading....Your Comments Are Always Welcome!

Thank you for your comments