Murder She Wrote......




Last week was a war of some sorts in my compound as my neighbours and i got into a fight over where I placed my generating set. Now i have been living there for over a year now and from time to time we usually have arguments of this nature and it dies down without any issues but last week’s own was quite heated as my neighbor complained bitterly of the fumes getting into his house.

However I couldnt blame him because because my generator was emitting thick black smoke and according to the technician who fixes it, i need to ‘ring’ the engine and the amount it would cost me is not exactly in my budget yet.

If you live in Nigeria, you would know that having regular electricity supply is practically not possible and we have all accepted our fate so most households cope by using generating sets of all shapes, sizes and cost. In fact some people have more than one to serve as back-up or just for economic reasons, you have a big one and a small one that will conserve your fuel usage.

Anyway as God would have it the fight ended on a positive note as God intervened and we settled it amicably with me changing the location to somewhere farther away from their bedroom windows and even better for me in terms of location and ease of switching it on.

You may be wondering what all of this is about but I saw a news report in the dailies just this morning about a family of seven who died after they allegedly inhaled generator fumes while asleep....I might have been a murderer!!!!

Generator fumes are actually a silent killer because the fumes emitted is carbon monoxide which is an odorless and colorless gas which is extremely hazardous and can cause sudden illness or death. What even makes it worse is the fact that the gas cannot be seen or smelled so people don’t even know they are breathing it in and when it gets into the body it weakens the blood’s ability to transfer oxygen and oxygen is what keeps us alive as humans.

Hmmmm...I thank God my neighbors insisted I moved my generator set because God forbid if I woke up to hear that a whole family had been killed because of fumes from my generator??? So i just want to remind us to be very careful about where we place our generators. Make sure it is placed at least 10 feet away from windows and in a well ventilated area to protect yourself and your neighbor and may God continue to protect us all.....AMEN!!!!

0 Comment "Murder She Wrote......"

Post a Comment

Thank You For Reading....Your Comments Are Always Welcome!

Thank you for your comments