Forty And Going Forth?????





Over the weekend I was opportune to attend a colleague’s fortieth birthday party with a good friend of mine…it was actually a dinner at the five star Wheat Baker Hotel in Ikoyi and boy was it grand!!!!It was strictly by invitation but trust me I wormed my way in somehow (wide grin...but it was thanx to my friend o!)

This same colleague actually had a housewarming ceremony sometime last year meaning he was already a landlord before the age of forty and then holding his party at this prestigious hotel just showed that things are really looking up for him(pepper don rest!!Lol)

Well being at the party actually made me nostalgic because life they say begins at forty and I am actually a few years close to that milestone and sometimes I feel like I haven’t achieved much. When I was younger, in my twenties precisely I had planned that by forty I would have retired and just be traveling around the world with my hubby and children.

Fast forward to this time when life has thrown its curves and I actually had to start work afresh in a totally new industry at the age of thirty four, now two years after this with four years to forty (I want to mess with your heads mathematically a bit…hehehehe) I still live in a rented apartment as a single mum with my two wonderful children and I don’t see myself retiring anytime soon! (we must chop na!)

But you know what? In my reflective mode I realized that the statement “Man proposes and God disposes” is so true. Many times we have a road-map of how and what we want our lives to be like but different issues come up along the way and we find ourselves making some serious readjustments. Some of these could be for the better and some for the worse but one thing I know having gone through both sides is that THERE IS A GOD THAT WATCHES OVER US COME WHAT MAY!!

I could go on and on about the horrible hand that fate dealt me over the years but I have decided to rise above that because I am still STANDING! Rather than feel sorry for yourself when bad things happen determine that you would rather hustle than be pitied.

Don’t be lazy, whatsoever your hands findeth to do, do it with all humility and with all your might and strength because God can turn your situation around in a split second all He needs is for you to trust in Him and be optimistic. There will surely be sometimes when you feel sorry for yourself but please don’t dwell on it. You could shed a few tears but clean your face afterwards and PRESS ON…in other words GO FORTH!!!


Maureen and I(na she help me enter....Lol)
Smiling away.......
Looking takeaway(let me blow my own trumpet abeg....)

0 Comment "Forty And Going Forth?????"

Post a Comment

Thank You For Reading....Your Comments Are Always Welcome!

Thank you for your comments