Free Movie Tickets & How I Came To Appreciate African Movies Shown At The Cinema


I have never been a huge fan of going to the cinema to watch movies done by Africans and this includes Nollywood or Ghollywood. The only wood I would rather go and watch is Hollywood (Lol...call me unpatriotic, I know). 

However, my longtime aversion for such movies changed completely earlier this week after a friend of mine invited me for a private media screening of a movie in which Nigeria's Ramsey Nouah was one of the actors.

Initially when she told me this, I was like lailai! I would go to the cinema to watch Ramsey Nouah? Abeg, I would rather buy Nigerian movies in traffic and watch on my laptop!(stop rolling your eyes you know you buy them sometimes jor!)

After much persuasion, the catch for me was coming to gist with her asides the movie (which is yet to be launched in Nigeria),also, because I had been feeling a bit depressed lately, I decided to take up her offer and go for the screening at the Silverbird Galleria and honestly, I was blown away!

The title of the movie is Tempting Fate and Ramsey Nouah put up a stellar performance alongside the other characters which was a blend of foreigners as well as Nigerians. I really don't want to give too much away about the movie but asides the fact that I was practically wailing like a baby at some parts, it dealt well with deep issues like betrayal, deceit, love and forgiveness. All of this was highlighted in the movie in a very tasteful way that was far from being corny. The acting was so real and believable and one could definitely relate with it.

Infact by the time the movie came to an end, I just sat in a corner of the cinema for a few minutes pondering over how unpredictable life can be and how one just has to be very careful in making decisions on how to keep moving forward in a positive manner, no matter what life throws your way.
Colleagues In The Media

Tempting Fate will officially be in the cinemas in a couple of weeks(July 17th precisely), and I can tell you for free that it is a must watch and well worth it!

To let you know how much I want you to see it, I will be giving out some free tickets to some lucky people who visit this blog and drop comments so if you want me to hook you up with a ticket just share your experience with a Nollywood movie that has excited you.

0 Comment "Free Movie Tickets & How I Came To Appreciate African Movies Shown At The Cinema "

Post a Comment

Thank You For Reading....Your Comments Are Always Welcome!

Thank you for your comments