Starting Out The New Month With Bank BVN Account Linking Wahala!


Just 2 days into a new month and there I was just taking my children to school jejely when I got a mail that there is a temporary restriction on my account because I haven't linked my Bank Verification Number, BVN, which I registered months ago!

Initially I thought the mail was from our usual scam suspects and I disregarded it until I was on my way back and tried to do an online transfer just to realise no show! I then stormed the nearest branch of my bank and it was as if all hell was let loose, some customers were screaming at the customer service staff who looked very frazzled and tired for a Monday morning.


Well, I also had to join the fracas and was told that even though I had registered for the BVN in another bank, I needed to link it to my accounts in other banks. I was given a form to fill and told there can be no withdrawal or transfer from my account until after 24 hours BUT deposits can be made into the account!

The sad thing is so many people were at the bank trying to withdraw and were also told the same thing and while some people raked, some physically put their hands on their heads at the fact that they were financially stranded and I even saw a woman shedding tears as she was begging to withdraw from her account.

I think there must have been miscommunication somehow because this is not the case of people not enrolling for their BVN but rather account linking issues if you have accounts in different banks. Of course there were some people that have actually not even registered for the BVN in the first place which is quite a shame after all this has been on for over a year now.

However, I hope the banks can come up with an easier solution to this linking issue though because from what I have seen so far, it might get more hectic as the days go by and this is definitely no way to start out a new month.

If you are yet to link your BVN with your other bank accounts, kindly go and regularize it as soon as possible! 


0 Comment "Starting Out The New Month With Bank BVN Account Linking Wahala!"

Post a Comment

Thank You For Reading....Your Comments Are Always Welcome!

Thank you for your comments