What Exactly Do You Want From Life?

What exactly do we want from life? What will make us truly happy and satisfied in life?

This question crossed my mind as I sat in the waiting area of the car wash. As I was sitting patiently while the young guys where washing my car, I couldn't help but over hear their conversation.
Apparently, their work is 'pay as you go' such that for each car they wash, their management gives them 200 Naira, one of them in particular was like' omo make I just see 5 cars wash today, my life don better be dat! Chei! 1k!' and he broke into singing in his native tongue.

For another of the guys his own prayer was to even get at most 3 cars and get 600 Naira because according to him, yesterday he was only able to wash only 2 cars and earn 400.

Now what struck me was there content for the respective amount they expect to earn. That for them at that point will make a major difference in their lives.

Now I started thinking,what amount would make a major difference in mine? How much exactly would be ok for me to spend daily,weekly and monthly?

How much do I need to earn to get that satisfaction? Honestly,I don't want 'Dangote' level of money but I want to be comfortable. I want to always be a able to pay my children's school fees before they resume school.I want to be able to take them traveling abroad at least once a year. I want to be able to change my car every two years. I want to be able to buy matching shoes and bags to most of my clothes(*opensteeth*) and yes I want to be able to help the less privileged every month and not just on my birthday or festive periods.

The list of wants isn't too long is it? But then,the truth is some people already have all these things I lined up but want more. Some want a significant other ,a better spouse, children, better job etc. For a disabled person it is just to be whole again not even about money or shoes.

It is very obvious then that as we vary in shape, size and form, so our needs and priorities differ. One thing we should ALWAYS do however is to be grateful for what you have and where you are now because the truth is, some people will always have more than you do and some people will also always have less than you do.

So as I humbly collect my car key back from this guys and I start the key to my 'old school' car, I say 'Thank You Baba God...if it hadn't been for you by my side where and what would I be today?? 


0 Comment "What Exactly Do You Want From Life?"

Post a Comment

Thank You For Reading....Your Comments Are Always Welcome!

Thank you for your comments